Learn the basics of knitting in this two week class. You will learn how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind-off. A class kit with materials is provided for the class.
Saturdays, August 18 & 25, 3:00-4:30
The following materials will be provided by Dances With Wool and are included in the class fee:
- The Learn to Knit Companion book from Churchmouse Yarns-Classroom Publications
- One ball of Encore worsted weight yarn in your chosen color
- One pair of Knitters Pride Dreamz single point knitting needles in size US 8
Description: This class will consist of two, one hour sessions held over two consecutive weeks. During these two sessions, you will learn some basic knitting concepts: casting on, knitting, purling, and binding off stitches.
- A brief discussion of knitting concepts--gauge, yarn weights and knitting tool
- Knitted cast-on
- The knit stitch
- The purl stitch
- A brief discussion of combining knits and purls to create stitch patterns
- Weaving in yarn tails