This class will consist of two, 1.5 hours sessions held over two weeks. During these sessions you will learn basic concepts of crochet including: chaining, yo, basic stitch patterns, and joining colors.
Saturdays, Nov. 10 & 17, 9:00-10:30
Saturdays, Dec. 8 & 15, 9:00-10:30
The following materials will be provided by Dances With Wool and are included in the class fee:
- The Learn to Crochet Companion book from Churchmouse Yarns-Classroom Publications
- Two balls of Encore worsted weight yarn in your chosen color
- One crochet hook between 8-10mm
1. Introduction to Crochet concepts
2. Starting a basic block
3. Chain stitch, single crochet, yo
4. "breaking off" and joining new colors
1. Additional Stitches such as half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet.
2. Weaving in yarn tails
3. Joining blocks together.